Saturday, February 14, 2009

My new aspiration...

Who'd have thought that a Valentine's evening alone, a consolatory movie, and a little imagination would lead me to the next thing I want to do with my life. That is, this:


No, that's not me swooning in white. I'm in red, a Bollywood dancer. Never mind that I'm quite tall, not super fast moving, and really very white - I think it'd be a blast to learn the choreography - and nothing some spray tan and CGI can't fix, right?

Okay, so the movie I watched was Marigold. It is, admittedly, a bit predictable (okay, a lot) and some of the dialogue wasn't as snappy as I would like, but overall a very innocent and enjoyable way to spend a Saturday night. India is a beautiful place according to this movie. I envied the sun on Ali Larter's face (while in the back of my mind I was worrying about sunburn). And, there were a couple really great Hindi dance numbers, which leads us to my newest calling. Okay, if I can't be in a Bollywood film - maybe I could start a fitness craze doing aerobics to hindi dance music. I can see it now: Bolly-cize.

Okay, for something I do know about, here's a picture of the invitation/bookmarks I made last night. A girl that goes to my church/her mom goes to my church had a baby, but declined to have a baby shower, so we're sending her a card shower.


These things were handed out at church and they have instructions to bring a card next week and they'll all be packaged up together. For having purchased the paper, ribbon, and flowers at about 5pm and finishing before bed last night, I think they turned out pretty cute. They have a Bible verse to start out, then the baby's vitals, and finally the instructions.

It's a long weekend (hallelujah!) and I'm planning to do some scrapbooking, as well as making a few major changes in my life. Stay tuned for what those changes are. I also hope to go to a movie - especially Confessions of a Shopoholic. Having loved the books SO MUCH, I'm really not expecting much from the movie, but I did see a ten foot tall shopping bag with rope handles at a movie theater I went to in December, and for some reason that sealed it. I've got to see any movie that advertises using gigantic carrier bags.

1 comment:

  1. I convinced Elisa to go see Confessions of a Shopaholic with me this week... I need a good girly movie right about now.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave me one and I'll just about burst!